Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day

I love wearing green and having red hair and green eyes and an excuse to be festive. I remember going into school on St. Patricks day in 3rd grade and seeing string tied all over the classroom connecting everything and chairs hanging from the ceiling. My teacher Mrs. Hess had been trying to catch a leprechaun earlier in the week so it decided to pull a prank on our class. I was so disappointed that we never did catch the thing. I loved how magical she made the class.  

No one could pinch me today because I was wearing my favorite color in three ways. It was quite windy, as you can tell, but it was about 37 degrees. It was the first time i didn't have to put on my coat to walk to class since November!
After writing a paper last night I decided I needed a break so I took on this cookie project which took a little longer than anticipated. I decided it was okay to take a brake from homework anyway for such a therapeutic activity.




For all those who are not my neighbors.. I am sorry I can not bring you all some deliciously festive cookies.
Today I was able to enjoy a sandwich on home made sour dough bread. Made by my oh-so-wonderful husband. He is quite the cook and is turning into quite the bread baker.


1 comment:

Kelle said...

You are so cute. I love all your photos.