Hallelujah! It is finally warming up here in Rexburg. I am keeping my fingers crossed that spring is here to stay. I finally pulled the bikes our from storage today and am very anxious to start riding again.
Monday I made some Sour Cream Banana Bread, and Krystina I am kicking your butt!
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I really enjoyed it and the cinnamon sugar on the crust made it one of my favorite parts instead of the part I sometimes throw away. Really good stuff.
For dinner I used up my spinach on this lovely pasta dinner.
You cook a few chopped gloves of garlic in some oil for about a min then add cut up spinach and cooked pasta. I also added some garlic and onion seasoning as well as a little basil. It was really good! Not over powering flavor but an excellent pasta dish.
I tried crimping the short hair. It came out kind of crazy but I had fun with it.