Wednesday, October 17, 2012

People Watching Wednesday

1. The Laughing Man
We were standing on a busy street corner when I noticed a man, who happened to be laughing, walk up to this couple in front of me to join their conversation. He was looking them both in the eyes and laughing. As the light turned green the couple walked and this man kind of lingered, making it obvious they had no idea who this guys was. He fell behind the whole group and continued laughing to himself. For the next two blocks I could hear his laugh lingering behind me, a constant low, almost giggly laugh. 


2. Ferris Beuler
I was walking down the stairs to cross under the subway to get to the uptown train when I was stopped by a man and his wife pushing a stroller down the stairs. I ran scenarios through my head trying to figure out if I should help, push past, or stay at the slower speed. As I was thinking, a man walked down past me and grabbed one end of the stroller to help them finish bringing it smoothly and quickly down the stairs. As he passed I thought he looked exactly like Ferris Beuler, only a bit older. As I continued up the stairs behind him I got a good long look at his face as we crossed paths to board opposite trains. Yes, I was absolutely certain, it was Mathew Broderick. About my height with died brown hair and thick circular glasses. My day was definitely made.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments: