Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Senior Projects and Goodbye's


Zach got to present his Senior project today. It was a project he had to spend at least 50 hours on. He did mock posters, a news paper add and bookmarks for the Fairfield public library. All of the pictures (old and new Curious George and the western library) were all made by hand using Illustrator. 



Monday night we had our last ward activity with the "Friendly 55th" ward. Zach was released form his calling on Sunday so we are back to being in the boring family wards. No, we love family wards, but the singles wards were so much fun.
For the last ward activity the family home evening groups created their own "Isn't it about time?" movies. After the Cafe Rio dinner we watched all of the movies and gave out awards at the end. A lot of people got really into the whole Oscar theme and dressed up. It was a good evening filled with great movies that brought tears and lots of laughs. We already miss the friends we have made in the singles ward and the wonderful bishopric.  



Today would have been my last day teaching 6th graders but they had spring break that started on Monday. So last Wednesday was my last day. I got so many notes from students throughout the day. I also got chocolate from one of my buddies and books for my future collection from my cooperating teacher. I felt so blessed to have the opportunity to work with such a wonderful teacher and a kind class. There were so many times they gave me the benefit of the doubt and I will never forget my first group of 6th graders. Man, I love teaching. 



9 days.... 

Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments: