Saturday, March 3, 2012

What Inspires Me Now.


This is a quote Zach and I plan to live by and raise our children by.  I notice a significant difference when I dress well. I feel more attentive in class and more confident. I end up participating more and walking around with an overall better attitude. When I feel good about myself I am happier. I know that all I can take with me to the next life is knowledge and so I plan on acquiring all I can get formally and informally. You can tell what we care about. Clothes and school. HA!


I love maps. The whole idea of traveling and just knowing I have seen such a small part of the world is inspiring to me. I want to see it all. I know I wont but I want to take advantage of the beauty around me and see all I can. 


Zach and I like to look at what type of dogs we would get if we ever got one. Zach is pretty in love with the english bulldog.  I on the other hand love the vizslas.


Unfortunately for me I don't think we will ever live anyplace that will be good for a hunting dog. Even though we enjoy looking I am pretty sure kids are going to be enough for us. But who really knows right? 


Ombre is so popular right now. People are dying their hair various forms of ombre. Its popular in fashion, food and home decor/design. I am inspired by the varying tones of the same color. I love it.



As has already been pointed out, I am a little obsessed with the nautical themes and stripes. I also love mustard yellow and cream and dresses. So obviously this dress is one of my favorites at the moment. Now if only I owned it. But really, I need to start looking for other patterns because I can count at least 5 striped tops in my closet right now.


Peacocks. Growing up my favorite color combination was lime green and that vibrant teal blue. My favorite color combinations change from time to time but it still sits well with me. It is just beautiful to look at. I also love their feathers. They have been so popular for a while but I don't know if they will ever really be out of style.


This is one project I am anxious to tackle before summer rolls around. I have decided I will never wear flip flops again (unless its for showering or going to the beach). I think they look tacky and I want to be better than the flip flop. 


So I want to turn my leather soled flip slops into strapy sandals.  I love all of these strap styles and want to figure out how to make them look professionally done. If you have any ideas on how to do that, let me know!



As I know we will be living in two new places in the next five months I love this statement and feel its truer than ever. It dosen't matter if we are renters or owners, rich or poor, living in the ideal place or not. Wherever I am with my husband and my future children, that is where home will be.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. 

All inspiration can be found on my Pin Boards.

No comments: