Saturday, March 24, 2012

White Top


I ran across this great idea a few months back over at Cotton & Curls. She turned a shirt from her mans closet into a feminine summer top and gave a great tutorial. Not long after, I ran into this J.Crew top and I decided I had to make it (or at least attempt it).


To my great pleasure Zach was going to throw out one of his white shirts and I snagged it before it made it to the trash or DI.  Now if you really want a good tutorial go visit Cotton & Curls. 

I flipped it inside out.


Using a shirt as a pattern I gave my self seam allowance and traced my outline and cut it out.
I pinned it. 
I attached the seams and reinforced with a zig zag stitch. 
I double rolled the neck and stitched all around. 
I folded the arms twice and did a hidden stitch by hand.


I ironed it. 
I wore it. 
I love it. 


Ta-da! There you have it. My easy summer shirt that I didn't have to spend a penny on. Next time I would leave a little more room in the arm pit. By that I mean I would give my chest a little more room to avoid button pulling. Its not bad, I just would have given a little more room. 


13 days until graduation.
14 days until we leave Rexburg.
3 1/2 months until New York! 

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: