Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Retreat


While at work Saturday morning Zach texted me asking if I wanted to go to Island park for the weekend. I was about to pick up extra hours but quickly decided against it as I felt I really needed a break more than a of couple bucks. 


 Our good friends Kolton and Jayci invited us up to their families cabin to watch the next three sessions of conference. It was last minute but I am so glad it worked out. We left as soon as I could throw some clothes in a bag so we could make it for the second Saturday session of conference.


It took a little over an hour to get up to Island park but we made it just after the session had started. We were a little late because we stopped for delicious sandwiches and yogurt at Milhallow. So, so good. 


Between conferences we enjoyed eating wonderful food, playing pool, exploring the cabin, talking, playing cards and just relaxing. 


I could not get over how neat this entire cabin was. There was this forest theme throughout the whole place and it all seamed so grand and rustic. 


I probably wont model my house after it but my lake side cabin up in the mountains and forest will look just like it.  haha. There were so many fun little details.




I think the view was by far my favorite part of this place besides it being big, not our apartment, clean, warm and quiet. 


I imagine this would be my dream vacation spot during the summers. 
We played some card games, my favorites of which, were golf and Scum.



Around 7:30 Sunday evening we decided we better head back to the real world of school and work. It was so hard to leave knowing we had school and a small cluttery apartment to go back too. 
While it was painfully hard to go back the break was wonderful and we had such a good time enjoying our friends and an amazing session of General Conference.


Thanks for everything Hansen family! 

Its our last one here in Rexburg and we are pretty dang excited about it, so Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: