Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Valentines


I woke up 40 min before my first class of the day was going to start. As I debated whether or  not to get out of bed I remembered that my afternoon class was canceled and that pretty much did me in. Why should I get out of bed for one class when I can stay at home and cuddle with Zach in our nice warm bed? Besides, it is valentines day.
When I did eventually leave the house to stop by work and meet with a professor I was happily surprised to see that we had been heart attacked. A day later they are still sticking to my door because I like them so much. I have no idea who did it but I think its awful sweet. 


We offered to babysit for some of our friends, so we got lucky and hung out with this sweet thing all evening. Maybe some parents are laughing at us being excited to have a date night babysitting, but we really had fun. 
We watched 'Toy Story 3' ate chicken enchiladas, cucumbers and grapes. It was quite the feast. I still love all the Toy Story movies but especially this one because of the 'Cool Hand Luke' reference.  You know, the part where Buzz throws everyone in cells and tells them if they break the rules they have to spend a night in the box.



After our tired little friend went home we popped some popcorn in our new microwave, just like I said we would. We opened some new years sparkling cider and sat down to enjoy some shows on Hulu. As we tucked ourselves in for the night I used the microwave yet again to heat up one of those rice bag heater things and warmed my little feet right up. I have never been so excited about an appliance ever since our deep fryer.


This morning as I got to my 6th grade class I was surprised with awesome valentines from two of my students. I felt like a right of passage to receive the bigger valentines that are saved for your best friends or your teachers. And I felt appreciated, which was really the best part.

(the long red one is a stick of Rollo's dynamite that says "you are Da Bomb" the other is a giant kiss 900 calories in that kiss alone. WhooHoo!),


I just received my second score and I have officially passed both of my Praxis tests with flying colors. I don't think I would have studied at all if I had known I would pass so easily. haha. Always better to be prepared. So, the senioritis is kicking in bad, as you can tell by my class ditching yesterday. Midterms are here and the only one I have is tomorrow. Wow only 8 more days in the elementary school, 36 days of school, 51 days until I graduate, 54 days until I student teach..... and 5 1/2 months until we move to NY!
We are obviously not excited at all for this next chapter in our lives. Hope you were all able to enjoy your valentines day as much as we did.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

If you guys are driving to NY you should come stay with us for a night

Zach and Sara Allen said...

That would be so much fun! I will keep you posted on how we plan to get there.