Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Long Weekend


Some snow finally graced us with its presence so I just had to capture the moment. We had snow all weekend. We even got a little more last night. For this mild winter it was an exciting moment. 


On Saturday after a late start and a trip to the Temple we played some basketball with my cousin Maryann. 


We shot around a bit then played H.O.R.S.E. you can tell who the first one out was since I am the one taking all the pictures.  We had a lot of fun making our weird shots. I even made a couple of baskets as Zach and Maryann helped me with my form.


Sunday evening my family (all but Megan) drove up from Utah to see us! My Dad, Holly and Ricky drove up just for the evening so I was impressed that they were so willing to drive 8 hours just for dinner. 


Holly recently bought a guitar and has been learning how to play. She sang and played Pumped up Kicks by Foster the People, it sounded amazing! Serious talent.


We all had a good time just sitting around visiting eating food, laughing, singing and just being together. 


This was Kimberly's first time coming up to Rexburg. She lives 4 hours away and this was her first time visiting. Crazy!  It was so much fun to have her here to witness our first home before we move.  While music played and everyone was chatting, Kim practiced her artsy skills by doing drawings of everyone. More on that to come later.


Later in the evening, after my Dad had taken Holly and Ricky home, we video chatted with Megan. Its probably not fair that I posted this picture of her when she wasn't feeling well. But I still think she looks silly and darn cute. 


After a sour dough waffle breakfast, work and Kim's run we headed out to show off Rexburg. We took Kimberly to campus and showed her the Cross Roads, library, Spori art building and the BYUIC. She couldn't stop talking about how much bigger BYU-Idaho and Rexburg were compared to Provo. (Okay she may or may not have said anything like that) 


Before Kim and my Mom headed back to Utah we stopped for lunch at Ramerez. I think it might be one of my favorite places to eat in Rexburg (good food, good prices). It was nice to just sit and eat and enjoy each other for a few more minuets. 


I love this picture because of the colors and the art, NOT because we look like two hipsters. 
And just look how adorable my mom and sister look. Seriously love these two. 


Thanks to everyone that helped make our weekend so wonderful! I can't wait for another weekend. They are basically what I live for right now. Senioritis is kicking in bad!

No comments: