Thursday, February 16, 2012

Blue, White and Stripes

(Shirt from Wal-Mart, Cardigan from Urban Outfitters) 

I have noticed a little theme I seem to be stuck on.  I bought a blue and white striped shirt and sat down in my room of blue and white stripes and it dawned on me. I'm stuck on this nautical theme and I don't even own a boat or go boating for that matter. 

(Pants are American Eagle from Down East, boots from Lands End) 

After I acknowledged my little obsession I went shopping and bought a pair of white jeans and a pair of navy blue sweats. It will apparently take some work to get over this... what ever this is. 

 (Cardigan from Sam's club, Belt is Lands End from D.I.)

There is just something about navy blue and mustard yellow together. It is my all time favorite color combination. Unless I am coloring with crayons then it is lime green, teal blue, magenta, orange and dandelion yellow. 


Striped have become so trendy as of late that they are almost considered neutrals. I have seen stripes being paired with floral and my sister-in-law saw polka dots and striped in the same outfit.  Crazy I know. Looking back I remember trying to stay away form too many striped items in our room because it was almost too trendy. Now here I am buying striped shirts and all sorts of navy and white items. Hey, but the first step is acknowledging that you have a problem right?

I have a most favorite blogger named Sydney. She is from The Daybook http://www.thedaybookblog.com/
She now lives in DC and posted some pictures from an excursion she took to New York. Needless to say I could not resist stealing this beautiful picture from her blog. I am so excited for our future adventures in New York. It seems so unreal but it is quickly approaching.



Hope everyone's midterms are going by with out too much stress. Good luck with the second half of the semester. It still hasn't really hit me that its our last. Give it a month, and I'm sure it will.

No comments: