Sunday, February 12, 2012

An Allen Kind of Weekend


Friday afternoon Paige got here. We visited with her for a few hours and went out to eat a delicious meal with mini blizzards at Dairy Queen while we waited for Brett and Erica to arrive.  They finally got there later that evening and we enjoyed some good conversation.


Somehow we got a little separated and the girls ended up talking for hours on the comfy bed while Brett and Zach were stuck in the living room. 


It was so nice to get the scoop on everyone's lives and talk about the good, the bad, the spiritual and the fun. I went to bed that night feeling uplifted, loved and supported. 


The next morning we all rolled out of bed around 9:30 for Zach's sourdough waffles. We had Clint over as well. We sat around the breakfast table for hours again just talking, laughing and catching up. 


Letter in the afternoon we pulled ourselves away from the food and headed out to check out Down East basics. We didn't have much luck in finding a new wardrobe but we did walk away with bags of candy from the Wal-Mart next door. For all the weird people I see at Wal-Mart I still love their prices and snack/candy selection.  So hard to say "no". 


After some shopping and a delicious Taco Bell meal we headed to the cheep theaters for a movie. We saw "We Bought A Zoo". I highly recommend the movie. I walked in with mid to low expectations and was presently surprised by the uplifting message, good acting, fun story line and overall feel of the movie. The only down side for me was the pretty constant water works. For some reason I really cannot handle the death of a spouse in a movie. It does me in almost every time. So besides my weepy-ness, I loved it!


We all were wearing our glasses that morning and had to get a picture.
After the movie we came home for a real meal. We had Clint over again for food and spent the rest of the evening playing 5 card draw, Scrabble and Uno. Uno and poker were the favorites as a lot of it was up to chance and really helped keep our competitiveness manageable. Scrabble on the other hand.....


I really can't get over how blessed I am to have such wonderful in-laws. They are always so good to me and did one amazing job raising Zachary. Thanks for coming and visiting, I can't wait to hang out with you all again!
Hope you all had a happy weekend as well!

No comments: