Thursday, July 5, 2012

Exploring The Neighborhood

While Zach headed off to midtown for work, I explored.


There is a big park right next to us that has an extension of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in it. It is called The Cloisters. It is at the top of the hill between us and the Hudson. 


Unfortunately when I got there I found out Monday is the only day of the week they are closed. Of course that was the day I went to see it. I will definitely be going back soon to see the museum and gardens. 


So I continued on to a garden someone from church recommended. It did not disappoint. I am learning the phrase "concrete jungle" only refers to midtown. New York is a very green place. Trees and parks are everywhere. 







The park was long enough I decided to brave the subway to get back home. It was only one stop but still I was proud to have done it all by myself for the first time. 


My next subway test was to go meet Zach at work. This requires one transfer. Not hard but still a test I felt I needed to pass before trying to get anywhere else. I passed. I'm practically a local now. 

Hope you all had a Happy 4th of July. We sure did. 

2 comments:

ahlin said...

this is incredible. girl you live in new york city!!! so awesome! and you look so good btw.

Zach and Sara Allen said...

Why thank you Ahlin! That means a lot coming from you. And yeah, NY! Who would have thought?