Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Field Trip


I got to go on my first field trip as an adult. 
Tuesday morning three third grade classes loaded on a school bus and headed to Salt Lake. 


Our first stop was at a park near the University of Utah for lunch and some relaxing/play time.


The second stop was to the Red Butte Gardens. 


We got to go on a hike through the imported and native gardens and see the arches the trees made as they moved toward more light and space. 


We got to stop and smell this flower that smells just like chocolate. 


After the long hill and lots of complaining we made it to the top.


It was a beautiful view of the valley from the top. Everyone got to sit down and rest for a minute and that helped get all the belly aching out of their systems before we headed down. It was pretty entertaining how dramatic this handful of 9 year old's were.  


I got one of my students to take this picture of me as proof that I too, made it to the top. 


Here is one of the snakes our group saw on the way down. It is a baby rattle snake just taking a nap. The kids were pretty excited to see it.
I had such a fun time hanging out and hiking with my 3rd graders. On the other hand I did not enjoy the sun burn I received on the back of my neck. The lesson learned? Cover every spot of exposed skin in sunscreen, not just the obvious places.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments: