Wednesday, April 11, 2012

We Moved

 Here is a little taste of graduation. More will come once pictures start coming in.


Zach and Shay (Zach's roommate from his very first pre-mission semester)



Zach and I were one of the 70 something couples that got to graduate together.


Zach and his cool communications buddy Matt. 


Kyni Jo, one of my favorite classmates, and I. 


My buddy from my freshman year and Zach's old FHE sister Megan and I. 


Our beautiful graduation cake made and decorated by my mom and sister, Kimberly. 

Saturday morning we loaded up two trucks and a car and headed down to Utah. It was a quick and uneventful trip. It just felt like we were traveling down for spring break.... it still doesn't feel real. 


It was a bit sad to realize we would not be returning to little Rexburg anytime soon. I can only imagine how much it will change between now and when we drop our own kids off there someday. 


The drive to Utah, and knowing we would be there a while, helped me to see and enjoy more of its beauties. I do love the mountains. Geographically, I really could be happy in the valley here in Utah. On the way down I started getting excited just knowing I was minutes away from all types of shopping.  You know you have lived in Rexburg a while when shopping of all sorts with in 10 minutes of your home gets you super excited.


We enjoyed talking, singing and listening to NPR on our little drive down. I didn't even fall asleep once. If you knew how well I slept in a sunny car you would be impressed.


While waiting for the trucks to catch up, Zach and I had fun playing with mustaches left over from Holly's 16th birthday party. I basically looked like Zach with that thing.


So here we are in Utah, graduated and living in my grandparents basement. We still feel like we should be on spring break but we aren't. We are busy and I am loving student teaching while Zach is busy being put to work and looking for things to keep him busy. I feel like this last semester will fly by but we hope to enjoy every bit of being close to family as possible. 

Happy Wednesday/Thursday everyone.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love this! Someday we need to hang out. I want to hear all about your student teaching too!

Zach and Sara Allen said...

That would be wonderful!