Saturday, October 29, 2011

Success and Disaster: Food


I wanted to use some frozen fruit that we have had in the freezer for breakfast. I got creative and sliced up some frozen peaches to make berry pancakes with. The fruity pancakes turned out really nice actually. It was sweet and flavorful but still felt somewhat healthy. I also loved the purple color.


The fruity pancakes were a success. The caramel on the other hand...
This is what it was supposed to look like:


This is what two different attempts looked like. The more normal one tastes awful, the other chunky one tastes nice, but is not caramel.
I need Erica's help. My mother-in-law makes the best caramel ever. I had no idea how challenging it would be. But, I will make caramel this fall!


Happy weekend everyone. Hope all your cooking adventures go as well as my pancakes and better than my caramel.

No comments: