Monday, October 3, 2011

Across the Border


This weekend was quite an exciting one for me. I have been across the California/Mexico border a few times, but this was my first time crossing into Canada. Zach and I left for Montana late Thursday night so we could journey with the rest of the Allens Friday morning.


Parlez vous francais?
The drive was quite splendid. Zach and I got to drive his grandparents up, which meant a few hours of quality visiting. Not only was the company great, the scenery was amazing. Fall is really starting to show up north.


Our purpose in driving up to Montana was for Brock to go through the temple before he leaves on his mission next week. The closest temple is in Cardston. This temple is unlike any I had been to, so it was new and exciting for more than one of us. To learn more about Mormon Temples click HERE.



The rest of the weekend was spent listening to the leaders of our church speak to us. General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints is held twice a year. I always love hearing what they have to say and how I am filled with a renewed determination to follow our Father in Heaven's great plan of happiness. For more on that click HERE.

Make sure to check out Zach's fall video. Makes me laugh every time.

No comments: