Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Fall is here and I am loving it. I think I have said, "this is the perfect temperature", almost every time I walked outside this week. 
We have been hosting singles ward family home evening the past few Mondays. It has given me the perfect excuse to experiment with some delicious treats. 

Instead of frosting these, I used an egg yolk and food coloring to spread over the cookies. I used the egg white to get the green color. Then I baked as directed and was quite happy with my enhanced sugar cookie results. 


Saturday morning I tried my hand at some decedent french toast.  I think my heart stopped but it was so good I just might post the recipe.


Saturday was just a baking sort of day. I made up some pie crust real quick. Rolled it out. Cut out pumpkin shapes. Coated in butter. Sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar and tossed them in the oven. Pretty sure I single-handedly ate over half of them.


Aside from baking to get in the fall spirit, I can't help but enjoy every excuse to wear every combination of fall colors. To be honest the majority of my wardrobe would be in the "fall color" category. It is just what comes with being a red head. 



Here are the promised pictures of my linen project. We start on pillows this week and I am just so excited! I have decided to monogram  everything I make so no one forgets where it came from.


This is my table runner. The monogram is under the right corner. It is 100% cotton finished with a satin stitch. 


This is my table cloth. I made the table runner out of scraps after I realized this would probably not get me a good grade if turned in. As you can see my border is not even which made my mitered corners a little wonky. And this genius decided to monogram on the fold.Hey, now I know the right way to do it, and what not to do.

  
Complain as I might about the table cloth not turning out perfectly, it will still be featured on occasion. I kind of love the colors and the cotton that looks similar to burlap.

Happy Fall!
Don't forget to scroll down and check out Zach's latest movie featuring the Pearsons. 

No comments: