Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Review: The Help


I started reading this book after I heard about the movie coming out. I heard it was a great book from two friends and after one offered to lend me the book I decided I couldn't refuse and started reading. With over 400 pages and a busy school schedule it took me a little longer than I would have liked to read it but over Thanksgiving break I was able to sit down and soak up its wonderful words.
Loved it! 
All the way through it I would have to tell Zach about this intense, hilarious or sad part I had just read. It was just to good to keep to myself. By the end of the book I was so inspired. I was practically looking for another civil rights type movement to join. Then I decided getting my degree would be a better path to take. 
The movie did not disappoint either.  There were a few key points I felt were left out but it did not take away from the over arching theme. I also loved the 'terrible awful' story they decided to highlight the whole way through. It provided some much needed laughter.
I recommend it to anyone and everyone who likes a good story and to learn a little more empathy and history for that mater.


Happy Reading!

No comments: