Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Making of Christmas


This year we got a little crafty. There were things I wanted to learn how to make and so I made enough to give to my sisters. That is my excuse anyway.  


My mom helped me make wonder tees with stripes. We only made two due to the difficulty so Holly and I got them.  I made the headbands and hair clips using old fabric scraps and buttons.

 Paige's gift was made by embroidering card stock.  I think this one was my favorite to make and turned out the best. I just might make some for Zach and I.
 Here are the spoon rings. We only spent a buck or two on silverware at D.I. but the bending was time consuming and sweat provoking. It was so exciting to get one completed. There were a lot of silverware casualties due to experimentation, too thick of metals and overzealous bends. If you make these I recommend using more than two pliers. I say use something to hot to make them pliable and a vise and then some pliers. 


Zach used para-cord and You-Tube to make my dad a manly bracelet. I was quite impressed with how fast he did it and how nicely it turned out. My dad has been wearing it ever since he opened it. Definite success.



No comments: