Friday, December 16, 2011

Finally!


Look what finally decided to grace us with its presence.  Snow. As I was walking to a friends house I was just filled with joy looking at all the bird tracks in the fresh snow. I was the first human to walk on that sidewalk and I just got such a kick out of all the bird tracks up and down my path.



I felt pretty cleaver turning a cinnamon bread recipe into 12 mini loafs for a class party.  It definitely helped with my portion control. And they look like cinnamon rolls, but they're not. Ha!


Today I got back my last sewing project. My curtains. I couldn't find the type of fabric that I wanted so I turned a blue fitted sheet and 5 dollars worth of white fabric into my own striped curtains. I placed 8 inch strips of white fabric on top of the blue fabric and attached it with a satin stitch.




For therapeutic reasons I just had to bake something. I saw these homemade Samoa's on Pinterest and with it being Zach's favorite Girl Scout cookie and all I just had to give them a try. 




They don't taste exactly the same but that does not make them any less delicious. They are so rich I can only eat one at a time. If you make them tell me what you think.
Recipe found HERE.


Oh and did I mention? We are finally done with finals which closes up this semester! WoooHoo! Only one more to go, but who's counting? 

Happy Christmas break everyone and safe travels! 

1 comment:

Kelle said...

Your room looks amazing! You are incredibly talented. Keep up the crafting - you certainly are talented.