Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weekend in San Diego


Thursday afternoon we all headed home as fast as we could to load up the car and head down to Vegas. My mom, Holly, and Zach took turns driving while I relaxed and chatted with whoever shared the back seat with me.


Friday morning after our free breakfast buffet, we made the final jaunt down the I15 to San Marcos. We made it in time for Holly to meet up with her friends as school got out and to run some errands before going to Megan's senior dance concert.


She did an amazing job and choreographed almost half the dances. She did the Viennese waltz with her ballroom dance partner (video one post down). It was beautiful. I might have shed a tear or two.



We spent our last day at the beach. We headed to Oceanside. I don't know if I have told you this before but, it is the home of the longest wooden pier on the west coast. So its kind of a big deal.
While we were there we got to see a real hover craft! 


We watched on the pier as they cleared the beach and got the hover craft ready to take off. It was a lot faster than I expected it to be. They even showed off a little by doing a few spins out on the water.







Not only did we visit the beach and try to soak up the sun, we stopped to reminisce at the very place this handsome man proposed. It was fun and entertaining to hear everyone's perspective and side of the story. It was all so terribly romantic and almost 3 years ago that it took place on this spot.


While it was nice to visit California for the weekend, I was not sad to leave at all. It didn't feel like home. Only two (one of which is Annie, below) of my friends even live there anymore. I guess that makes sense, I have called Rexburg home the past 4 years. I am beginning to feel more and more ready to take this leap to the east coast with my husband. Really, wherever he is, that is home. I feel that becoming more true as this summer moves on. I love my family but I don't feel at home with out him. So, bring it on New York. Bring it on.


Happy Wednesday everyone!

2 comments:

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Looks like fun! We sure miss you guys! Cute bathing suit by the way :)

Zach and Sara Allen said...

Thank you! We really miss you guys too!