Monday, November 7, 2011

Braided Rugs and Snow


I have a ton of scraps I have collected over the past two years. Some from thrifted shirts I turned into bow ties or flowers. Some from turning pants into shorts and more from old clothes we cut up and recycled. In an attempt to shrink that pile I found this wonderful rag rug tutorial.


It is really easy, you don't even need a sewing machine or sewing skills. It did however, take me a few hours to cut and piece and braid. It's still unfinished, but its close and I love it! I put it under the sink in hopes of saving my back while doing dishes. So far its serving it's purpose wonderfully and it keeps my feet warm!


Friday night was our second snowfall of the season. It snowed all night and into Saturday. I am just so happy we were able to enjoy fall and Halloween, snow free until now. I think I am officially excited for the coziness of it all. Plus, it really makes everything look so much prettier.


On another exciting note, Zach and I registered for our last semester of classes today. I officially have 120 credits, which is the credit limit. You can tell I had a little bit of fun along the way since I will be graduating with almost 140 credits. Guess it's almost time to face the real world.


Happy Monday everyone. Bundle up and stay warm!

No comments: