Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finished Projects

I love when I finish a project! Zach and I have been on a roll this week. We completed three projects. Him and his big coat rack project and me and my mini art projects.

 The coat rack. Idea taken from Ryan Plett, the 'you have broken the internet' guy.






Isn't it amazing? I love it and all the room it cleared our of our tiny closet! I feel like we have a brand new apartment between the new decor and the plants.


Remember these little guys? 


Well I finally turned them into picture/ letter holders! 


 I used an old wire hanger, pliers, hammer and nail to make holes to put the wire in and voila! Add laminated dye-cut letters and it is ready for any occasion.



So while thrifting I found these adorable mini clothespins for .25. Sadly the stain was to dark to just sand off so I painted them. like $1 later and I have the pretties little clothes pins ever! 



 When my clothes pins aren't holding up my Christmas or birthday decorations they will hold onto wedding and grad announcements and pictures!


 Hooray for finishing things!

3 comments:

Destroying Angel said...

Very cute job of decorating. Congrats

Zach and Sara Allen said...

Thanks! We are definitely enjoying it.

April said...

What a great way to use your blocks! They turned out so vintage-y and of course adding a practical element always appeals to me. Nice work you guys.