Sunday, February 27, 2011

Homemade Bagel

Saturday night I tried my hand at some homemade bagels. I found this recipe online and it  had excellent reviews so I gave it a try. It ended up being way easier then I had anticipated and very delicious.

 

What makes bagels different from other breads is that you boil them before you bake them. 


 These only took about an hour to make from start to finish.


 For the the recipe you can check out this link. It also gives you a tutorial for rolling them out and making them into rings.
Click Here for Bagel Recipe

This morning I also gave Pancake Souffles a try. They however did not turn out as great but they tasted like german pancakes which was pretty good.


 I added some bananas (inspiration from Brett) and a little cream cheese instead of sour cream. I would definitely do more cream cheese and probably pour the whole mixture into a skillet and pop it in the oven instead of the pancake style. 

6 egg yolks
1/3 c. buttermilk pancake mix
1/3 c. dairy sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
6 egg whites
Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Fold in pancake mix, sour cream and salt until well blended. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Carefully fold into yolk mixture. Drop by tablespoonfuls or more onto hot, well greased griddle until golden brown both sides. Makes 6 servings.


No comments: