Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Working Mom


I have learned that being a mother is a full time/over time job. So, what am I thinking going back to the office? I have been working from home part time the past two months and am making the slow transition back into the office. Starting 4 hours, 1 day a week. I am excited to be able to get back into the middle of some big and exciting projects but feel so overwhelmed at the same time. Putting on clean cloths, makeup, and a bra before 12 is an awesome day. Add taking a shower, and getting everything ready for Annas day to the line up and we're lucky to be out the door before 1:00. But to be honest, I can deal with little sleep knowing I will have the rest of the week to make it up. Its the part about missing anything monumental that really makes me sad. Call me selfish but, I want to be there to see every smile and hear every giggle. If we weren't living in the most expensive town I would join with you stay at home moms and feel satisfied in my 24/7 capacity. Thankfully I have an amazing boss who treats me like a granddaughter. He and his darling wife are so good to me and my family. Going back to work for a boss I disliked would probably have been the kicker that made me say forget it, Zach, you're on your own. So, I guess today, though its going to be tough, I'm feeling grateful. Grateful for all the time I do get to spend at home with Anna. Grateful for two ladies from church that are willing to take turns watching her. Grateful for a boss that likes me enough to let me work from home and make my own schedule. Grateful for a husband that works hard full time at work and over time as a dad. Grateful to be a mom.

No comments: